Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Life has brought me to a point of delirious happiness and extreme angst. The two are unrelated. I am at the same time full of hope and frightened to death. I am dreamy eyed and paranoid simultaneously. The two things are unrelated, but I wonder at how one can feel emotions of opposite extremes at the same time. True there is a fine line between love and hate. True extreme happiness can make one cry, and reflect on one’s inner faults. However this is generally due to one event at a time. Two events generating the opposite effects don’t cancel each other out. They push sanity to its limits. Welcome to midterms. Time is on my side. Soon the negative will end for better or for worse. It’s looking like the good is here to stay for at least a little while longer. I’m becoming more and more cheesy every day. I can’t stop grinning unless I’m trying to prove asymptotic normality of an ordinary least squares estimator, and even then. I am foolish, soppy, hopelessly retarded. I feel great.

No comments: