Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I apologize in advance for my apparent lack of presence on the net. I am moving and have been without access to a computer for the past several days. I should be connected again soon.

The past few days have been illuminating in the sense that I have discovered just how loyal, or whipped, my friends really are. Last week, Thursday, we went into our new apartment with the intention of re-painting. Our living room/dinning room areas were covered with a vomit yellow color which simply did not inspire greatness. Painting began along with some light moving. Within a few short hours our place had become a bastion of people seeking to aid us in our struggle. The following day, the same people returned to paint/clean even though my brother and myself were not present in the apartment. My brother is studying hard for exams. I was finishing up the final boxes. Yesterday we moved everything, yet again, with the aid of people from the same circle. The place is still a mess and needs some deep cleaning, especially scrubbing of paint residue on the floors, however once again, today, more people are coming to help. Some of these guys helping have been coming back 3-4 days in a row. I feel overwhelmed. The turnout has been great, and I have come to the conclusion that I have the best friends in the world. I dare anybody to try and find better ones.

So this Bud’s for you Mr./Mrs. really really bored person who associates with the Admiral. For your meticulous abilities at painting walls, cleaning dirty old refrigerators, scrubbing soiled toilet bowls, moving heavy boxes, and all under my expert supervision. Placated by a few beers and pizza slices, you bring light to the countertop under that patch of organic matter, a soft citrus smell to the moldy growth in some obscure crack in the wall, a smile to my unhappy face. So kick back and have a cold one Mr./Mrs. really really bored person who associates with the Admiral. This Bud’s for you… and when you finish you can start priming the bathroom.

No comments: