Thursday, July 22, 2004

Over the last several days I have been overworked and under-sleeping. I was even too tired last night to go out dancing with a cute girl who I was getting along with (quite unprecedented). Anywho I’ve been working at the Immunology Conference 2004 as a tech and punching bag for people using the internet. The tech part is easy. Walk around, remind people to hit the refresh button if the page doesn’t load, reboot computers, bullshit people with technical nonsense if I can’t solve their problem, try to look like a badass. Pretty easy stuff as far as responsibility is concerned. Lots of cute girls, free breakfast, sometimes free lunch, and all for decent pay. The only drawbacks were ten hour shifts, and chronic boredom. The past few days have been an exercise in self amusement and let me tell you that desperation drives one to the borders of their own imagination. I was having imaginary conversations with just aboot everyone I saw, destroyed the network at least five times in my head, and saved hundreds of attractive horny young females from certain death when that fire broke out. Just as I was getting to the good parts I’d find another broken computer or angry customer. My fantasy would glitch, reality would re-impose itself, the problem would be solved, and I’d have to start all over again. Ohh well.

On the plus side I seem to have acquired some minor initiation in the art of swiping pens. I think I’ve acquired over ten different ones. I lost count. Some of them are really cool.

Anywho the conference is over, and this day I found myself pulling a 15 hour shift since I had to help pack up. It’s all aboot money so I won’t complain.

Tomorrow I believe I will set out on a quest to acquire a record player to boost my coolness index. My father left me some of his old jazz LPs and I’m looking forward to listening to some quality static.

In other news I feel like I’m getting over something big. Now all I need to do is solve life’s greatest problems and I will have achieved the optimal existence. Alas, I feel that until I achieve this goal my complaining won’t cease. Most likely I’ll find something else to bitch aboot if I ever do solve it, but I digress.

Dragon boat competition is Saturday and Sunday. Apparently I have to be at Le Basin Olympique by six AM. So much for celebrating the end of a hard week.

And so with that I’ll end this rant, and do that which has not been done in days due to extreme fatigue and responsibility. Goodnight sweet ladies. Goodnight.

No comments: