Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Written yesterday.............

Today was an interesting and cool day. Following a conversation and slight persuasion from the Minister of the Interior, I have decided to join a Dragon Boating team. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the sport, Dragon Boating is comprised of a team of 20 people in a long boat paddling furiously in hopes of moving fast and winning a race. There are over 100 teams registered in the race which takes place at the end of July. The winners win a trip to Hong Kong, but we have no such illusions. Some of the teams competing are professionals. We’re just doing it for fun. The only other person I know on the team is Assgrabber so you know we’re never bored. Ohh one more thing. The team is called The Gingerbread Crew. Don’t ask, I don’t know.

My primary motive for competing is the knowledge of the existence of another team comprised of a human being I would like to defeat. Maybe it goes a little further than that but I won’t discuss it here.

Side effects are soreness, extreme fatigue, fun. I went to my first practice today and although my body is only just beginning to feel the negative effects, I found the exercise exhilarating, motivating, extreme. Looking back on the past few days I come to the conclusion that I’m doing more physical activity than I have in a long time. Firstly Calvin and I joined a gym last week, followed by a move, heavy painting over several days, scrubbing floors, etc… I think it was pretty intense, and until this morning my left wrist was giving me grief (The right one isn’t… I wonder why?) Anyways, Dragon Boating twice a week, gym three times, and I’ve just accepted an under the table job ripping down my old residence (Landlady’s idea not mine). Plus I’ve stopped smoking up every other day. All in all I am rather proud of the way things are going. Maybe I’ll be back in shape by the end of the summer.

Went to first training session of my volunteering today and learned how to tackle the software. I’ll start part two on Thursday, where I get to work with a counselor to see how things are done. I think I'm going to enjoy myself doing this, and so far all the people I’ve met are super friendly. Concordia job sucks, but it’s consistent at least.

So all in all with the move and stuff no one could accuse me of being bored. On the other hand I still have loads of work to do in the new place. Paint must be removed from the dinning room floor, the kitchen cleaned and repainted, the bathroom likewise. There is much to accomplish and lots of time to do it. I am content.

This weekend I’m going up to St. Donat with an assortment of people. Let’s see if I can bring back the car intact this time. I’ll be taking full insurance.

Booyah

No comments: