Monday, January 31, 2005

I woke up one morning thinking
Of things I could do today
Of all the thing I'd do today
Of everything I had to do
Of all the things I had to do.
And so I slapped the snooze
And drifted off to sleep again.

Awoke again not that much later
Planning on taking a shower
Allocating the next few hours
Maybe I could get a little more
Maybe I could get a little more
Maybe I'd dream
Maybe I'd sleep
And so I slept

The light returned and with a start
I think I’ll save the world today
I think the world I’ll save today
Everyone needs healing
Everyone is stealing
I think I’ll make it whole again
I think I’ll make it work again
The way it was supposed to be
Wouldn’t that be nice

I woke again in not too long
My body urging to be gone
I was going to make a change today
I was going to make a change this day
I was going to save the world
I was going to spread the word
In just five minutes I'll get up
In just a little I'll be up
I think I’ll just relax
The world can wait

The evening fell in not to long
And naturally I rose quite strong
Rested do I feel I do
Rested and I slept for you
Changing things is tiring
Saving us is tiring
I think ill meditate before I leave
I think I'll concentrate before I leave
And formulate a plan
And dreaming it began

And not too long the sun did rise
And not too long the birds did rise
The birds will save the world today
The birds will rescue us this day
"I'll join them in a little while"
Said I sleeping with a smile.

No comments: