Monday, November 08, 2004

I believe that people have intentions, sometimes good sometimes bad, but despite all the evil in the world I do believe that man has more good intentions than bad ones, even though sometimes his means of achieving his intentions are not the very best. I believe that all people including those who are bad, are capable of laughter, love, and sometimes even innocence. I believe that sensitivity and vulnerability are beautiful things, however should not be taken to the “whinny little bitch” extent. I believe that mastery of one’s emotions is a good thing, but should not be taken to the extent of suppression of all emotion. I believe that one must first lower their defenses to be capable of loving, but that such a move also makes you more susceptible to attacks. I believe that one must learn to be comfortable with one’s self in order to be able to truly love someone without becoming dependent on them. I believe that one should not rely solely on one’s self, for there is always wisdom in the words of a second opinion. I believe that true love happens weather or not you are looking for it. I believe that it is important to overcome your fears and go for things. I believe that it is important not to force something to happen just for the sake of doing it, but rather because you want to do it. I believe that man is a complex beast who does not know what he wants. I believe that inherently we all have some notion of what makes us happy. I believe that one can learn a about one’s self by trying new things, and that people can show you things you never new you liked. I believe that there are limitations in what should be attempted, and that certain things should be tried to satisfy one’s curiosity and not just for the sake of doing it. I believe that some relationships, both romantic and friendly, are meant to be. I believe that some relationships both romantic and friendly are meant to fail. I believe that there is something to be learned, no matter how small, from every experience. I believe that it takes us a long time to learn many of life’s lessons. I believe that one can know a lesson objectively, but not know it subjectively. I believe that the true teacher is experience, and that an objective lesson is more difficult, if not impossible to truly master. I believe that people worry too much about the way things should be, and forget to look at how things really are. I believe that people don’t think enough about the way things should be. I believe that life can be difficult and ruthless. I believe that life is the greatest experience of them all. I believe that the answer does not lie at one extreme or the other, but somewhere in the middle. I believe that mediation is always the answer. I believe that regret is worse than rejection. I believe you should not regret what does not happen. I believe that we all have the power to save humanity. I believe that humanity does not want to be saved. I believe that I have the power to change my life and the lives of others, for better or for worse, as I desire. I believe in love. I believe in hate. I believe in happiness. I believe in sadness. I believe in trust. I believe in caution. I believe in desire. I believe in apathy. I believe in man. I believe in believing in myself. I believe that I someday will.

No comments: