Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Awesome, I survived the day relatively intact. Today I did not have class, but I nonetheless spent the better part of my time downtown finishing up this assignment and some light studying. It’s a painful adjustment, but I’m finally starting to feeling like I’m getting back into the groove of things.

I took three hours off to volunteer and conduct interviews. As far as that goes, it wasn’t as much fun today. The people I interviewed were annoying, and really didn’t know what they wanted. One of them was emitting this harsh cologne which must have been some kind of sick avant garde experiment involving urine and skunk. Fortunately this woman was not so confused as the others, and I quickly managed to conclude the experience.

Tomorrow I’m going to a big house party in Dorval. From the people throwing it, and the crowd attending I fully expect nothing less than an American Pie experience. I very much look forward to returning to this aspect of my youth which I missed out on. After all, the house parties in Zimbabwe were of a different nature than this sort of thing. I’ll be there in full force with my pyrotechnics to showoff. One final bang before breaking ties with the summer laziness. It’s time to get back to work.

In other news I have decided to fully memorize, “The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock,” by TS Eliot. It is a rather long poem which I have been obsessed with for quite some time. The poem itself discusses the inner battle of a man at war with his lust for the opposite sex and his inability to meet women. I find that I relate to Prufrock in many ways, although I definitely never suffered quite as much as him. Nonetheless in my dark moods, consisting of way too much self-reflection, I do indeed draw parallels with him. It is scary, but true nevertheless. I hope to have it all down by the end of next week. It is quite a doozy.

Finally I made a new friend today. Yay! It is not every day that one meets new people let alone make a new friend. Over the past few days I have met a number of people who I will be friends with for at least a few months. I’ve neglected mentioning them and so this one’s for the two people previous, plus the one I made today. Joy!

All is well in the state of The Minister of Fashion. Obviously his style is paying off.

There is Magic in the air.

No comments: