Friday, May 07, 2004

Ever notice how it is impossible to recreate a conversation/moment/memory which is past? I find that there have been many circumstances, in my life, of severe laughter/happiness which could never be recreated even given the exact same circumstances and with the exact same poeple. Its is no wonder however since the subsequent times round one is already biased due to previous experiences. Which isnt to say that the first experience is always the best one. Many times its the somewhere in the middle that it gets fun, like sex or pot, or somthing rather. Anyways the reason I bring this up is because I have been thinking about memories past and moments long gone which generally mark a period of time in my life which i associate with happiness. And most oftenly I remember one or two great moments which stand out and define the happy time. Were I capable of creating or recreating some such moments i might have found the key to perpetual happiness however such moments are impossible to anticipate, and difficult to recreate with the same effect as before. I play pool every friday, in a sense to recreate a feeling of relaxation and humor, however not all pool nights are good nights. Likewise I took a recent roadtrip to the far side of the province of quebec, but it did not rival the New York road trip. Life is full of these defining moments which become imortal unique, and untouchable. It is these moments which make life worth living.

No comments: