Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Lube. Now I’ve had a million discussions about the pros and cons on the use of personal lubricant and it seems that nobody ever gets what I’m talking about. I conclude that this is mostly because most males I talk to, are still in possession of their foreskins, whilst us circumcised people are left with the hard hard calluses on our palms to achieve desired satisfaction. Some people use the right quantity of soap so as not to achieve a pee burn, some use baby oil, cooking oil, or saliva. Trust me on this guys, the eight bucks at the local drugstore makes most things obsolete. Use of over the counter lube makes life much better.

Now unfortunately most of my practical time has been spent on personal use of lube. On the other hand I do know from personal experience that lube is also handy (no pun intended) in the use of intercourse both vaginal and anal. Of course, I can understand a certain reluctance on behalf of males on the use of lube on a female for vaginal sex seeing as the man’s self esteem can be dragged into it. I don’t know about most guys, but I tend to measure my success rate by the volume of the squealing, and the turns on the faucet. However lube is also useful for greasing the rusty tap so to speak. Furthermore for all us condom users out there, a little lube on the inside of the condom makes for heightened sensations, and if you use spermicide, you lower the chances of both STDs and pregnancy.

And finally last but not least is the use of lube in anal sex. Now let me tell you straight up. Men do not produce vaginal lubricant or any equivalent thereof so when it comes to male anal stimulation lube is key, (unless of course someone knows something I haven’t figured out yet). But since most males are unaccustomed to having their prostate stimulated, men with foreskins tend not to know the wonders of lubricant. On the other hand women do produce some kind of vaginal slipperiness, however in my experience that is insufficient for anal sex on the woman. Lube makes it much easier. It’s hard enough trying to ram something up there without it.

Now as for types of lube. You can buy jelly, liquid, or some kind of Vaseline typish. Whilst each one has its merits it is crucial for all you condom users to know that Vaseline or petroleum jelly damages condoms and will cause them to break or leak. When buying a lubricant it is important to find something that is water based, or that specifically says safe to use with condoms on the box. I tend to find that jelly dries out when used in male masturbation, so I use liquid. This is something everyone develops a personal preference about. The other thing that bugs me about jelly is that it often comes in toothpaste shaped tubes. Wouldn’t want to mix up sometime when I’m groping around in the dark.

No comments: